No, it's not Thursday, but I am at home today feeling grateful for a number of things. Without time to properly blog and add photos, I'll just give you a foretaste of posts to come . . . if I can carve out a time to blog.
- Front row seats on the Minnesota's North Shore, and friends with whom to share it.
- A day at home to prep for school while the kids are at Grandma & Grandpa's picking apples.
- A school room makeover after four trips to IKEA and two to Sherwin Williams.
- Lesson plans prepared by STAA and new curriculum unpacked.
- A new printer, finally!
- That I remembered to present the tax-exempt card when I checked out with school supplies.
- Kids who actually seem excited about the new school year.
- The broken record technique when dealing with a 13 year old.
- Quality time with her while assembling a European Tour photo album. Great trip, great photos.
- That all the loose ends are working out with ballet, music lessons, theater, and Lego Robotics.
- My son's elbow fracture did not need surgery, and his cast is scheduled to come off next week.
- That child #2 was okay even after falling off a park play set and being rendered unconscious.
- That child #4 was okay even after falling into Lake Superior.
- My bed, toilet, shower, and air conditioning. In no particular order - I'm equally grateful for all of them at the moment.
- My week-long head cold is finally clearing out.
- My husband's new work-from-home contract. This is life changing for our family.
I will be back soon, hopefully with photos. Have a great start to your school year!